I'm posting 30 lists of various types, one every day this month except Christmas Day, most of which will be utterly shallow, but not all, and some of which will have little to no context or reason, because actually I came up with only about 15, and then had to just make up things for the rest.
But tonight I have a sinus headache, because I appear to be allergic to something the Singulair doesn’t cover, in addition to cat ammonia, and so anyway. I’m starting with the easy one. Here are five things I’d put on a Christmas list if I were to make one of those with any reasonable expectation or extreme desire of seeing it fulfilled. (It was meant to be six, because I really want this nice brushed stainless steel egg cup and spoon that I forgot to add here.) In comparing it to my 2003 one (undoubtedly most of the links are dead,) I can only note that I’ve kind of aged a lot. That’s cool. I still have always wanted a Lego set for Christmas, though. My parents never got me one, so one or more of my kids have received one every year they were old enough, including this year, because hello, Doctor Who! (if it's available, that is.)
At first I wasn't going to add links, because I hated to imply I wish anyone reading this to purchase me these things. But then I decided someone might just like to look at them retail-wise, anyway.
- Wusthof 8 inch Panini/Deli Knife. If I had this thing, I'd have all the knives I might ever want, because I have four other Wusthof knives that do all the things I want except cut bread loaves with thick crust, and things that would also like the same sort of knife.
- Sì by Giorgio Armani eau de toilette. This is the first scent I've thoroughly enjoyed since the original Opium.
- A plentiful Lego set that doesn't make anything except whatever.
- This interesting-looking book. I saw it at Home Goods recently.
- This graphic version of a book I've been starting to read all year...